The Glowing Man (2016) is the last of the /nu/-swans trilogy along with The Seer and To Be Kind. Unlike the other two, it does not get talked often and not popular among general public, even /mu/. However among the swans connoisseurs, it is agreed upon as the best release of Swans by far. Even the so-called 'filler' tracks are essential to the experience of The Glowing Man.
Critical Reception Edit
Track Listing Edit
- Cloud of Forgetting - 12:43
- Cloud of Unknowing - 25:12
- The World Looks Red / The World Looks Black - 14:32
- People Like Us - 5:24
- Frankie M. - 20:54
- When Will I Return? - 5:24
- The Glowing Man - 28:53
- Finally, Peace. - 6:18
- The red hand on the cover signifies Michael Kira's obsession with female hands.
- The track "The World Looks Red / The World Looks Black" contains lyrics written by frontman Michael Gira that were used in the Sonic Youth song "The World Looks Red" in 1983 the album Confusion Is Sex.
- The final track "Finally, Peace." ends with a dot, signaling its end to only this album but as the whole trilogy.