Neutral Milk Hotel was an American indie rock band formed by singer, guitarist, and songwriter Jeff Mangum in the early 1990s. The band was one of the three core groups of the Elephant 6 Collective, along with the Olivia Tremor Control and The Apples in Stereo. The group's iconic lineup also consisted of Scott Spillane, Julian Koster and Jeremy Barnes. After the attention the group got following their seminal record In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, Jeff Mangum dissolved the group and went into seclusion for nearly a decade.
Jeff Mangum recently came out of his seclusion and has been on a string of solo acoustic tours performing Neutral Milk Hotel songs. In 2013, the four memebers of Neutral Milk Hotel reunited and have began touring. No word if this will lead to a new album.
EPs and Singles
- Everything Is (1994)
- Ferris Wheel on Fire (2011)
- You've Passed/Where You'll Find Me Now (2011)
- Little Birds (2011)
- Compilation (as Milk, 1987-90)
- Pygmie in E Minor (as Milk, 1989)
- Beauty (as Milk, 1990)
- Invent Yourself A Shortcake (1991)
- Beauty (1992)
- Hype City Soundtrack (1993)
- Unreleased Demo #1 (1993)
- Shannon's Monroe House Demo (1994)
- Unreleased Demo #2 (1994)