If You're Feeling Sinister is the second album by Scottish indie group Belle & Sebastian. It was recorded very quickly after the release of their first album, Tigermilk, yet features a tighter, more consistent sound than their previous record. The songs for both albums were written during and following seven years where lead songwriter Stuart Murdoch was suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The album is notable for its chamber pop sound, which features lush instrumentation to back Stuart Murdoch's witty lyricism. The album was critically acclaimed and was featured near the top of many end of the decade lists.
In 2013, Pitchfork released a documentary about the creation of the album, in which Stuart Murdoch said it was the culmination of many years of not being able to do anything, and he also said that it is his greatest album to date.
- Pitchfork - 9.1/10 (Review of a live version of the album from 2005, they did not review the actual album)
- Piero Scaruffi - 7.5/10
- The Stars of Track and Field - 4:48
- Seeing Other People - 3:48
- Me and the Major - 3:51
- Like Dylan in the Movies - 4:14
- The Fox in the Snow - 4:11
- Get Me Away from Here, I'm Dying - 3:25
- If You're Feeling Sinister - 5:21
- Mayfly - 3:42
- The Boy Done Wrong Again - 4:17
- Judy and the Dream of Horses - 3:40
Belle & Sebastian Releases