Filosofem is the 4th album by black metal solo project Burzum and was recorded between 1992-1993 and was released in 1996
The music of Filosofem continued Vikernes' experimentation with minimalism, repetition, and ambient music within black metal. The tracks are all quite long (the shortest being just over seven minutes), and are typically composed around very few musical motifs. For instance, "Jesu død", a track of over eight-and-a-half minutes, is primarily based around variations of a single riff.
The opening track on Filosofem, "Burzum", was the first song Vikernes wrote as Burzum. It had been recorded in September 1992 for the Hvis lyset tar oss album, but Vikernes was unhappy with it and re-recorded it for this album six months later.
track listing[edit | edit source]
- "Jesu død" ("Jesus' Death")
- "Erblicket die Töchter des Firmaments"("Beholding the Daughters of the Firmament")
- "Gebrechlichkeit I"("Decrepitude I")
- "Rundgang um die transzendentale Säule der Singularität"("Circumambulation of the Transcendental Columns of Singularity")
- "Gebrechlichkeit II"("Decrepitude II")
because the album link hates me
previous album-hvis lyset tar oss
next album- dauði baldrs