Agalloch are a metal band from Portland, Oregon currently signed to Profound Lore Records. Formed in 1995, the band currently consists of frontman John Haughm, guitarist Don Anderson, bassist Jason William Walton and drummer Aesop Dekker.
The band is known for playing an eclectic, progressive brand of metal drawing influences from styles as broad as post-rock, black metal and American folk music. Their lyrical themes deal with subjects such as nature, depression, paganism and other shit nobody who shaves regularly cares about.
Agalloch are, in essence, the quintessential Pitchfork metal band. Just ask the crowd of flannel-clad PBR sippers guaranteed to show up at all of their shows.
Discography[edit | edit source]
LPs[edit | edit source]
- Pale Folklore (The End, 1999)
- The Mantle (The End, 2002)
- Ashes Against the Grain (The End, 2006)
- Marrow of the Spirit (Profound Lore, 2010)
EPs, Demos and Splits[edit | edit source]
- From Which of This Oak (self released, 1997)
- Promo 1998 (self-released, 1998)
- Of Stone, Wind and Pillor (The End, 2001)
- Tomorrow Will Never Come (The End, 2003)
- The Grey (Vendlus, 2004)
- Split with Nest (The End, 2004)
- The White (Vendlus, 2008)
- Faustian Echoes (Licht von Dämmerung, 2012)